$2400 for $1200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I was talking about the coupon code CLR-MSAFL-50%-PC . Sorry, I should have posted that beforehand.

How good of a deal would the laptop have been if it was still available at that price?

mouthwatering good. I can't figure out why they would even offer such a deal in the first place.

I think there is a newer m17x laptop out using a core i7 processor. They probably wanted to just get rid of stuff sitting on the shelf.

Microsoft has been doing deals like this for a couple days now, and there were two more available earlier today (out of stock now).

Both of these laptops were offered at 40% off:
http://store.microsoft.com/microsof...nch-Notebook-Obsidian-Black-/product/443A1CAE

http://store.microsoft.com/microsoft/Sony-VAIO-Z112-VPCZ112GX-S-13-1-inch-Notebook/product/44792FD8

I found these deals on slickdeals.net, and I'm gonna check tomorrow morning to see if there are any new deals available. Might try to get one before it goes out of stock.

Yes, I personally do not like Alienware, but I saw it many times recommend on here. Patonb is the first one who comes to my memory.

Really? Traditionally we recommend against Alienware based on the cost. They're sort of like the Macs of the Windows world. Overpriced.

Especially that one, for the same cost you could score a mobile i5, but that Alienware has an SU4100 at 1.3ghz included in the 800 dollar cost? Not to mention half the memory, 340gb less space, 6 inches less screen, and no built in optical drive? Regardless of whether or not it was recommended before, seriously look at the specs first before you recommend things.

Look at the rest of the specs, the Alienware M11x is the size of a netbook with top notch battery life. That Acer is several times the size and only has a fraction of the battery life.

Really? Traditionally we recommend against Alienware based on the cost. They're sort of like the Macs of the Windows world. Overpriced.

Especially that one, for the same cost you could score a mobile i5, but that Alienware has an SU4100 at 1.3ghz included in the 800 dollar cost? Not to mention half the memory, 340gb less space, 6 inches less screen, and no built in optical drive? Regardless of whether or not it was recommended before, seriously look at the specs first before you recommend things.

I normally don't recommend Alienware either but the M1xx is a very good buy. You would be hard pressed to find another sub 13" 4.5lb ultraportable with hybrid graphics and excellent battery life for under $1k. You should really look for viable alternatives before dismissing something as overpriced.

Look at the rest of the specs, the Alienware M11x is the size of a netbook with top notch battery life. That Acer is several times the size and only has a fraction of the battery life.

I normally don't recommend Alienware either but the M1xx is a very good buy. You would be hard pressed to find another sub 13" 4.5lb ultraportable with hybrid graphics and excellent battery life for under $1k. You should really look for viable alternatives before dismissing something as overpriced.

Ahh that's what I guess I missed.

I was looking at it from a performance standpoint.

Yeah, usually I think most people here recommend against Alienware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom