Graphics Performance List

lol I think that's a bit of a silly way to look at it :p

If you were doing it like that, you could then take the amount of power each card draws and puts on your household electric bill each year, and add that to the initial cost of buying each card :p

Either way, good to see cards getting performance increases, and it's just a beta driver...hopefully more good stuff to come :D

Hehe yeh i wasn't thinking. I changed it now.

The power thing is negligible.. your annual bill would fluctuate far more than you could tell by using a 5870 instead of a 470. And if i think we're all honest, noone buys a GPU based on how much the eleccy bill is going to be each year. Ya'll just like to find faults ! :p

Hehe yeh i wasn't thinking. I changed it now.

The power thing is negligible.. your annual bill would fluctuate far more than you could tell by using a 5870 instead of a 470.

Then measure it seasonal haha. I was just sayin' it to say it though ;)

And if i think we're all honest, noone buys a GPU based on how much the eleccy bill is going to be each year. Ya'll just like to find faults ! :p

Ah I didn't see this edit but yeah I wasn't trying to find faults, I was just saying that if you were going to say one thing then I was going to say another :p and I agree no one does buy a GPU solely off how much the electricity bill will increase/decrease by. I sure don't...seems kind of dumb, If they can't afford the extra bucks a month then they shouldn't spend that kind of money on high end systems because apparently they have money problems :p

Keep it on topic here. This is for graphic card discussion. Talk about what you think of each other in OT.

On topic: How's that new list coming baez? I know you're busy, not pushing just enquiring :p
If you've got the list of cards sorted and the rough layout that you want the list in I'd be happy to put it together

It's been put on hold. But after months of development, the project I've been working on is opening next week :D. So I'll be starting this project up again in about 2 weeks time.

ok *I haven't read all the posts mind you* I have the GTX275 Co-op, which as you know incorporates both the 275 and the 250GS... exactly how would that rate and I know you aren't putting different versions but maybe this is different?

price/performance. If that's important to you then buy ATI. Myself, I don't give a crap about price/performance. I'm more concerned about Performance/Support.

power consumption and heat.

They've been making 1000 watt power supplies for years now and (2) GTX 480's still don't need that much. What's the problem. And heat, my cards run cool.

ok *I haven't read all the posts mind you* I have the GTX275 Co-op, which as you know incorporates both the 275 and the 250GS... exactly how would that rate and I know you aren't putting different versions but maybe this is different?

It performs exactly like a regular GTX 275.

Back
Top Bottom