• 1 42-60" 3D tv

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

S0ULphIRE

Golden Master
If I was undecided before, Oreo definitely has me hooked on trying 3D gaming :p
This is gonna cost me a **** load though, so I need you guys help again. Which option would you go for?

3D gaming, such as the glasses and stuff? Depends how you would like, massive screen if you're focusing straight ahead and you don't like turning too much...or tripple screens if you wanna watch around like left and right, kinda gives you the feel lol. I would like the massive screen though, as it can be used for TV and other stuff as well.

I tried Eyefinity for a few months with three 23" screens, but after that I now just really wish I would have gotten a 1 large screen solution, like 40". I ended up selling two of the screens and for now I am using the one 23" and am very happy so far, much happier than I was with the three. I would suggest one large screen, I mean yeah you get extra FOV in Surround/Eyefinity but it's difficult to really utilize unless you are sitting a good distance back, and that sucks. If not, you are too focused on the huge middle screen to begin with to really take advantage of the extended FOV.

Also, triple monitor gaming takes a hit in performance (SLI 480's wouldn't see a huge hit, but no one knows yet how Surround scales) If you like all the eyecandy and stuff then you will have to be ok with letting a bunch of it go in order to have the extended FOV. This was another reason I ditched Eyefinity. I'd rather have everything at max at 2048x1152 than medium-high with little to no AA at 6144x1152.

At first I thought I would never go back to a single monitor again, but then after weighing it out, I was happy to let it go. That and when the **** are you going to get your support for multi-monitor gaming?

mi dos centavos.

edit: And people's setups, to me, looked far more impressive and comfortable with like a wall mounted 40"-46" and the desk right in front of it. That is a heck of a slick setup there, it's my dream one day.

I'd probably do 1 big screen, along with a small ~22-24" screen
big for gaming, movies
small for day to day stuff...
if I had the funds XD

one big screen is my vote. The bezels is what kills eyefinity for me. If i were to get a system that extends side FOV like that i would like somehow get that prototype curved screen from CES 2008 was it?

Hmmmmm
TBH now that I think about it, 60" is probably a little big for how close I'll be sitting. 50" should really be the max size

edit: I'm on crack. Any suggestions for a good 120hz 42-46" tv?

From the choices you gave me I picked the 3 smaller screens because it will look better without the pixels blown up soo huge. If it were me though, I would go with one 30" screen @ 2560x1600 for max resolution and max eyecandy. You've got the gpu power for it.

Man this is more difficult than I thought it'd be...

So after much research I have discovered that even if a monitor/tv is spec'd at 120Hz, it might not work. Reason being some companies 'cheat' to get the 120Hz. The only displays that'll work are apparently listed on nvidia's website. And on that site, the smallest 'big' screen is 57"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom