ac3 codec problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpudel

Solid State Member
I have a question. I have installed ac3 filter 0.7b, and when i'm trying to watch DVD movie on WMP10, I choose tools->options->dvd->advanced and here i can see ac3 filter console. It looks like ac3-filter has only 2 chanels input, but it modifes this signal for 5 chanels output. I think that something is wrong, dvd movie should give 5 chanels output for ac3. What do you think about it?

My sound devices are: sb audigy 2 ZS and creative gigaworks 7.1.

how are you connected? Are u using the dinns or is there a spdif connection which you are using?

I have my dvd and music card connected only by mainboard, I don't use any additional cable. But i have cable to connect dvd-r with sound card, and i can try it, if you think it may help.

WRONG. AC3 ( Dolby Digital) can be anything from mono (dual chanel) to 5:1 on a DVD.

AC3 / DD is only an encoding/playback format (which happens to support multi-chanel surround sound IF THE SOUNDTRACK IS ENCODED TO SURROUND SOUND 5:1 IN THE FIRST PLACE). Check the REAR of a DVD box to see if the DVD has 5:1 surround..if it only says DD then its probably stereo only.

Most good DVD players will convert STEREO inputs to SURROUND output by using DOLBY PRO LOGIC ....but this is not TRUE multi chanel surround......please DO NOT get bogged down in marketing spin/bull about Ac3/DD or sound cards with 7:1 audio etc....

ignore him

get a sound card with optical out

disable all ac 3 settings on computer

set WMP audio to optical out

it will pick it up automatically if it got it (dolby digital)

I see you allready have sb audigy 2 ZS

just disable the internal ac-3 and you will get dobly digital or pcm (music, stereo) automatically

if your speaker, system don't accept optical out, you will have probably pay extra to get 6 or 7 channels for WMP.

I will get power dvd 5. I think it automatically comes with 6 or 7 channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom