Bios update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this applies here... Board with revision 1 BIOS works excellent, never gives you a problem, but find out revision 2 has some nice little updates, and can improve the performance, you're most likely going to "fix" it.

I've flashed my board about 20 times now, but there are only 7 or 8 BIOS revisions. I've used Windows based, and DOS based flash methods. I'm not going to recommend something to an average user that would most likely opt for a Windows based BIOS update, if I'm not sure if it will work well for it.

I can understand not wanting to used a windows based program to flash your bios, for the simple fact, it's WINDOWS based. :p There are so many ways you can really screw yourself, or others by flashing with windows based software. I prefer DOS bootables, but most average users don't feel comfortable with that.

Sean, if you read the updates on the BIOS', and find one that can improve performance/stability, update it, I suggest it. If you don't, and they're just random fixes, that don't necessarily pertain to you, don't worry about the update.

well my brother is really really....really good with computers, has his own computer repair business, he knows way moer about software than hardware... anyway, ill look into the bios updates and if there is an update that will help me tweak my CPU ill get it and he will be able to help me so i do it properly no problem :)

I was talking to Asus support via email about getting a newer BIOS for this board (M4A79XTD Evo)
It may have been my emails that got them to make a BIOS using AGESA 3.7.0.0 - they released version 2003 on 19th May

I am with the rest if it aint broke don't fix it, the only time I have flashed a BIOS that was unnecessary was to wipe out a BIOS to add EFI instead and that was a feature upgrade.

No, you need to use a flash utility.
This board has one included though.
Put the .rom file on a USB drive, go to BIOS setup, and go to Q-Flash
press tab and then select the USB drive, and select the .ROM file

hmm... i dont have a flash drive ( ya ya i know ). but i have a 16 gig micro SD card in my black berry, will that work ifi hook my phone to my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom