Building Cheap Budget gaming PC ~PART 1~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bublar

Beta member
im relatively newby to pc building, im young and have very limited funds for this build. my first initial input will be around $300 + my old pc parts to start the build and get it up and running. so my first question is will i be able to use my compaqs HD 30 G because it has a built in os/reformat program(witch rocks), or will there be problems with old hardware settings from my compaq to the new hardware? il throw on my older 300g hd for program/game support. let me list the items i plan to install

Case -- my compaq case

PSU -$49.99- Logisys 550W Clear Power Supply FRYS.com*|*Logisys

Mobo
-$59.99- Gigabyte GA-MA78LM-S2H AM3 FRYS.com*|*Gigabyte

Processor -$104.00- AMD Phenomâ„¢ II X2 555 Black FRYS.com*|*AMD

HD -- my compaq HD with OS already installed + 300 g hd

Dvd drive -- my sony drive

Ram -$29.99- 1GB DDR2 PC6400 PATRIOT (kind of small, but to get running + my 1gb stick will get 4 gb next payday) FRYS.com*|*PATRIOT

Gpu - on hold till i get more $$$$

ok so i want some of your opinions, with such a low budget, can i get this thing running ? will there be conflict with my HD? i really want a Decent gaming PC!!

Why do you want a clear power supply? Just get a clear case, you need a quality power supply if you want your system to be safe...

And I read you are going to use your compaq case, even more reasons you don't need a clear power supply... I know it's cool and that, but you want a power supply from:

Antec
Corsair
Seasonic
OCZ
PC Power & Cooling
Enermax

Reputable brands like that...

well mainly for starcraft 2 / diablo 3 on max settings. i only selected that psu because it was the cheapest one on the site. so hopefully by this weekend il have my parts and il update everyone on the progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom