Case mod supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindoverMaster

Golden Master
What exactly would I need to do case mods? I know there are several items for different tasks, but shoot it at me!

I have a few cases lying around, and I wouldn't mind trying to mod them.If I screw up, I won't lose any money.

Beside basic drill, jigsaw and demel, the tools are much more specific and expensive. Hole saws and cutters can be costly, but do 100x more clean work.

Then the modding stuff, ie channeling, fans, grommets etc.

well... a tape measure, sharpie, ruler, a square, a punch, assorted drill bits, drill and or drill press, files, sand paper, paint, hole saw, jig saw, painters tape... and other misc tools that you come across and say " man i wish i had this tool, that would make it a lot easier. "

Is "painters tape" that blue tape?

I would expect a tape measure, sharpie and ruler. The other stuff I am asking about.

What is a punch? I assume that isn't a physical punch :lol:

I do have a drill press. Got it from my grandfather. He doesn't use it anymore.

It's been mentioned already but it's worth re-iterating. The dremel is the most versatile modding tool for the beginner modder. With it you can cut, grind, sand and engrave almost anything. It's not the most precise tool but the more preparation and care you put into your work the better it will look. With some practice dremel work can be really nice. If needed, I can do almost anything with a dremel and needle file kit. I'd start with that one tool before anything else. Pick up some metal cutting cut off blades (reinforced blades are worth the extra $$$) and some sanding bands/grinding stone and you'll be set to start!

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom