CPU Temps

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've been told that my type of thermal grease has to "set up" so to speak before it will work at peak efficency.

omg dude, you're just a whiney little punk. There are tons of newbs here so you have to post with every possible solution.

he's making out that there is a problem when there isn't. my question has nothing to do with ne of that bs. my question is why after replcing a crappy heat pad with good thermal grease did my temps go up. end of story. anyway. someone with more knowledge than you people has already answered my question elsewhere.

Yeah that statement just makes you even more of an arrogant little word removed . People here have the exact same knowledge. If you had ANY brains at all you'd know that the excess thermal grease can cause your temps to go up and I believe that was your question right? Then silver answered it so Stfu with your stupid 'I didnt ask that, he's giving me info I didnt need' 12 year old little attitude.

you need the right amount of grease on the cpu..

Theres the same answer as the magical knowledgable guy in the other mysterious forums said...YOU NEED THE RIGHT AMOUNT....which means 'it has to be set up' the right way. Go on to the other forums because we don't need little arrogant pieces of crap like you that ask for help then take a word removed on anyone that gives it to you. If you're so smart and we're so damn then you shouldn't of even had to have asked a question here moron. Putting on thermal grease is the most basic of tasks. So you need to take a look at your own childish self little kid. Now shoo....go on get out of here.

lbreevesii I think the reason you are getting slightly higher temperatures is because you are using low quality thermal grease. What I would suggest is taking a cotton pad to polish off the thermal grease you have on it and use Artic Silver Ceramique. Ceramique is the white compound (not silver) and can be purchased online at places like newegg.com

I bought some AS5 from newegg and replaced the old hsf and my idle temps went down to mid 30's from high 40's. The hsf is a thermaltake silent boost, nothing insane.

how loud is it. one time i was at my buddy's comptuer shop and there was a com. in there running i think it was a zalman or w/e its called, the oen where the heat sink sortof surounds the fan blades. you could hear that thing over the entire server rack in the corner. granted the case was off. but man that thing was loud!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom