$500 rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exarchice

Baseband Member
Looking for a rig for around 400-500(the cheaper the better) Building this rig for my uncle, I already have windows vista 64bit so I don't need an OS. Also no monitor/keyboard/mouse needed. He wants a shiny case(no basic white please) preferably with a window. Also the HD must be 500g-1tb and a dvd burner other than that every thing else is up for me to decide.

Here is what I have so far (AMD/Intel, ATI/Nvidia doesn't matter)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148433
Newegg.com - WINTEC AMPX 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model 3AXT6400C5-4096K
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

price = $501.63 - $40 in mail in rebates + $50 for the build = 511.63 grand total

The pc will be used for gaming (no mmos or anything, just basic low end gaming and general use)

we can help you with the parts, but we need to know what he would be using this pc for.

also you need to fix some of your links. like the first 4 combo links are the same thing and the last 2 combo links are also the same.

Sorry about the links, didn't realize they linked the combo and not the individual part.

He copied the link for each part in the combo.

The only problems I see with the build:

• The psu you picked out is not of the most reliable brand.

Wut? You won't build free for your family?

I've never used roswell myself, usually stick with Antec or PCP&C, but it shouldn't be a major problem, although I am thinking of swapping it out, but it comes in the combo deal for a great price.

And lol no, shoot a man has to eat :p I'm saving my uncle $100 by using my vista cd + saving him the trouble of buying an over priced PC(which he did and I'm making him return it)
Asus - Essentio Desktop with Intel® Pentium® Processor - CM5571-BR003
This is what he bought, it is a piece of garbage, I wouldn't use that if my life depended on it hah.

If you are still willing to go up another $50:

That combo has the same cpu but a significantly better gpu. It will be much better for gaming.

He doesn't do high end gaming, this 4650 will be more than plenty for what he needs. He pretty much only does single player gaming, so no need to run a card like that. Hec, the computer he bought for $500 didn't even have a graphics card(well on board) in it hah, if that gives you a hint for how much graphical power his games need to run, if anything else I would downgrade his graphics to save a lil bit of money for him, maybe like a 3470 or something.

Well, the fact that a game is singleplayer isn't going to make it less demanding. Can you think of a game he is going to be playing?

Rig'n'Roll this is the game he wants the comp for mainly, also he plays older games like morrowind, age of empires, and a few others, nothing too demanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom