pci express

Status
Not open for further replies.
because if he does then he has to wait for the pci to become better, when that happens then they will create better cards.

IMO, it would be better to buy a PCI-E Card and AMD Mobo supporting it around Christmas and upgrade to a better PCI-E Card when they become better, then to buy an AGP Card and AMD Mobo supporting it and have to upgrade the mobo and video card when PCI-E becomes better.

^^ like he said

your basically preparing for the future and giving your system more longevity

DavidWatersUGP said:
I just did a little research and I found out that there should be AMD PCI-Express Motherboards by Christmas. PCI Express will certainly give you much more speed in games, as it goes 16x compared to AGP's 8x.

yes but as far as i know there are no cards yet designed specifically for pci-e so there is nothign that utilizes the speed increase seen with the new interface... yet :D

I think if you're getting a 754 interface, get a cheap but good motherboard such as the Chaintech VNF3-250 (nforce 3 ~ $73 @ Newegg), and then when the PCI-E cards dominate the AGP, upgrade your motherboard to one that supports PCI-E and salvage your s754 CPU over to it. Save moneys! Just remember that 754 are done at 3700+. If you want a motherboard to last longer get the s939. They will continue up passed 4400+ and they support AMD 64 FX. :beard:

seeing that pci express graphics cards are more or less the same price as the agp (comparing the x800's in price) wouldn't it be better to get the pci express one anyway. If i dont get a pci express graphics card, i would just get something like the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro or something similar in price. eing as my budget doesn't allow me to get the 6800 or x800. If at a later date when i have some more money (probally next christmas) i can get the x800 or a better card at the time. if i wasn't getting a completely new computer i might be able to afford a better card right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom