Need some real SLI help :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

blasterfreak88

Baseband Member
So I finally got my second gtx 260 and I put it in and attached the sli link and then powered the system up and enabled sli in the nvidia and everything seems fine but if i try to open a game or 3dmark06 the colors get all screwed up and there are artifacts and all kinds of crazy stuff. Each of the cards work by themselves and each of the pcie slots work because I just tried them out individually. I am lost at what is causing this. Any help would be nice. I was excited to get this up and going and now its really making me mad. I also just updated all of the drivers and that good stuff.

Is one of the cards a "OC" version? When SLI 1st came out if the cards had different speeds they would default to the lowest value. Nowadays whatever card is in the 1st slot is usually designated as the master, so to speak, and both cards will run at whatever speed it's set to.

When you installed the new drivers did you run Driver Sweeper 1st. Sometimes an old file will remain and screw everything up.

Make sure the second card is fully snaped into the slot and nothing is acting as an obstruction.

Your power supply might be getting weak, have you looked at your 12v power output under load? Use Hardware Monitor.
http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php

I checked for the card being in the slot first thing and I am currently running with one card which is in the slot which could have some stuff blocking it and it runs fine. I did not use drive sweeper but I am about to get off of here and try that. I watched the +12v on the hd monitor while I was doing 3dmark06 and it went from 12.41 to 12.32 the whole time while it was loaded. Is this bad or is it ok?

Well I figured out that the new evga has slightly lower specs so I put it in the 1 pcie slot and that cleared up the colors and artifacting and stuff.But now the preformance is worse than with my single card in? What could cause this. This is my first go at sli so sorry that I am so stupid about it

I did some playing around with the slots and card and I just realized that neither of the cards and working very well in the 1 slot so I am RMA ing the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom