Well, it is almost done...

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least I dont feel so bad now. Thanks Sean for bringing sunshine into my day, man. Also, is that score for a single card?

You have absolutely nothing to feel bad about, your system is smokin fast. It gets really hard really fast trying to be the fastest in every benchmark and every game. And then you only have to look at a few other forums to find someone faster still :big_grin:

You have absolutely nothing to feel bad about, your system is smokin fast. It gets really hard really fast trying to be the fastest in every benchmark and every game. And then you only have to look at a few other forums to find someone faster still :big_grin:

Hey thanks Slay, I know thats the name of the game, but I'd be much happier if Sapphire unlocked the cores for guys like me that have their cards on water. Also, thats why I base my scores and accomplishments by tiers rather than overall...Air, water, LN2/helium/etc. I'm happy with my results based on tiered cooling, but the drivers for this card, leave much to be desired.

Also, the common standard on the Heaven Benchmark is 1920*1080(or highest native res), with x16 AF, and 4x AA for the benchmarks. It brought my score down, but put in even range with the scores that already existed while making it comparable.

Well I dipped into the Ati forums, and according to a guy that runs a Heaven Benchmark thread, my scores are exactly where they should be, matching his dual 5870s in X-fire. I edged out his old score a little due to about 50mhz on the core and 25mhz on the memory over his (only four points difference). This is actually very uplifting as so many have said that X2 cards cannot compare with cross-fired equivalents. 1x ATi Radeon HD 5970 = 2x Ati Radeon HD5870s, in case someone didnt know. So I guess X2 vs crossfire has come to even ground in regards to performance and scaling.

Below is my run using 1920*1080 x16AF, and x4AA. I urge you to try these settings for comparison. Apparently this stresses the card's capabilities more. if the community expresses a desire for a heaven benchmark thread, then so be it. I'm not a mod, so my options are limited.

heaven21.jpg

Multi-card scaling is usually all driver related but not always. On average (2) single gpu's will usually scale better than a single dual-gpu card but not always. Some mobo's will switch to a 8X / 8X pci-e mode with (2) cards instead of a full 16X / 16X mode while the dual-gpu card is limited to a single 16X slot.

I completely agree, while the x2 has come a long way since the 3870x2, I'd wager they've made alot of improvements in the engineering department. Also PCIe 2.0 x16 supports 8gb/s throughput, so I dont see any cards out yet, that can max that bandwidth.

At least I dont feel so bad now. Thanks Sean for bringing sunshine into my day, man. Also, is that score for a single card?

yea my single 5870, so if you double my score its pretty close to your 5970, which in theory is a crossfire setup of two 5870's... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom