Neweggs 5970 Rig!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems overpriced and overkill.

I'm pretty sure we here at TF could make it better for around $2k

It seems overpriced and overkill.

I'm pretty sure we here at TF could make it better for around $2k

I just did a price comparison with an ibuypower.com pc, and the same parts from Newegg. I used their "top dog" PC (that's not the name of it). Consisted of a 980X, all-in-one water cooler, 6GB DDR3-2000, 2 5970's in crossfire, Asus Rampage III, Blu Ray burner, games, mouse, keyboard, headset, SSD, 2 1TB drives in raid, 2 27" Spectre monitors, Corsair PSU, CM HAF 932, ect. ect. and the works from ibuypower.com (sleevings, warranties, goodie bags, ect. ect.) It only came up to be $700 more than newegg, which if you think about it, isn't that bad. You get a 3 year warranty on everything, multiple goodies from the bags you wouldn't get elsewhere. A fully built computer, ready within a day, and shipped out the next day. I'm not saying all that is worth the extra $800, but rush orders, and next day shipping at newegg was still pretty up there too, at $300.

Doesn't have much to do with the topic, but I thought it was rather cool to know, they're not jacking up their prices nearly as high as their competitors.

I just did a price comparison with an ibuypower.com pc, and the same parts from Newegg. I used their "top dog" PC (that's not the name of it). Consisted of a 980X, all-in-one water cooler, 6GB DDR3-2000, 2 5970's in crossfire, Asus Rampage III, Blu Ray burner, games, mouse, keyboard, headset, SSD, 2 1TB drives in raid, 2 27" Spectre monitors, Corsair PSU, CM HAF 932, ect. ect. and the works from ibuypower.com (sleevings, warranties, goodie bags, ect. ect.) It only came up to be $700 more than newegg, which if you think about it, isn't that bad. You get a 3 year warranty on everything, multiple goodies from the bags you wouldn't get elsewhere. A fully built computer, ready within a day, and shipped out the next day. I'm not saying all that is worth the extra $800, but rush orders, and next day shipping at newegg was still pretty up there too, at $300.

Doesn't have much to do with the topic, but I thought it was rather cool to know, they're not jacking up their prices nearly as high as their competitors.

This I know, IBuyPower and CyberpowerPC are the only custom build companies that don't overprice a lot, and if I ever looked at prebuilts, either would be the place I would consider buying from.

yah i built my 5970, i7-930, 6 gigs OCZ gold, n etc for like ~$1750 and I would take my system over that any day.

Yeah, like everyone says, building your own is still way better. I don't know why you are getting excited about this.

Yeah, like everyone says, building your own is still way better. I don't know why you are getting excited about this.

Well there are people that just don't like building their own or maybe they don't have the time because they have to work. If they have the money, buying a prebuilt from cyberpower or ibuypower is a very good option...

It takes like a half hour for assembly and then like an hour something for OS installation.

There is really no excuse for not having that amount of time. Do people never take a break and watch tv or something? Do this instead. It's like when people use the excuse that they have no time to work out. BS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom