Well, it is almost done...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I was asking cq, thanks for the info man :).

Anytime man, no problem.

I just flashed to the XFX Black Edition bios, so once I get the drivers installed, I'm going for 1.1ghz on the cores. We'll see....

*UPDATE*
I ended up going back to the Sapphire bios, as it caused the driver to act buggy. So until Sapphire releases a new bios with unlocked cores like Asus, then I guess I have to settle for 1ghz... ;)

arnt the 5970 drivers buggy from the box? i read a lot of reviews that the software cant quite keep up with the hardware on with the 5970?

and i dont know of a heaven benchmark thread....

That's the funny thing. I too have read of problems too numerous to list with the drivers, but I cant say I've experienced them and as you can see, I have done my part to increase their likelihood (Numerous driver re-installations, Hybrid PhysX, Bios re-flashing, etc.). The only grey screen I've ever had was when I flashed the card with the XFX bios. Now that I'm back to the Sapphire OC bios, the grey screen doesn't exist to me. However, the drivers still under-perform, either that or the hardware over-promised. I was just wondering about the Unigine Heaven Benchmark 2.0 as it showcases alot of DX11 features and has a built in benchmarking feature, plus it's free.

Here's my Heaven score with my cards at stock speeds :D

heaven2331.jpg

Here's my Heaven score with my cards at stock speeds :D

Great score Slay. It's no secret that as of right now Fermi is the better card for tessellation and steady FPS.
Please keep in mind that the below statements are only my opinion, so please if you take offense easily over brand loyalty, I suggest you stop reading now.

I dont care what anyone else says, I've owned alot of video cards from both sides, and ATi's drivers have always seemed premature in comparison to Nvidia's, yet neither side has a perfect track record. Some will say that this is poppycock, and that ATi's drivers are on level ground with Nvidia's, but these are the same hardcore fanboys that say that the grey screen of death doesnt exist, and completely ignore the ATi Forums. I hope that ATi/AMD corporate office is considering shifting focus to the hardware already available and making the drivers actually work on the same level as the hardware(while ironing out the existing bugs), because honestly if they dont from what I've read they may be facing a few class-action lawsuits. Not from me mind you, but just from things I've read. Heck I'd jump on the bandwagon for all the heart ache that ati has caused me in the past with excellent hardware but **** poor software, that resembles something cobbled together by a middle aged guy in his mother's basement.

That being said, here is my meager score with what was supposed to be the fastest card on the market(driver implementation not withstanding). At overclocked settings.

heaven20.jpg

I agree with you 100%. I've owned many ATI cards and the reason I ultimately switched back to the Nvidia camp was strictly Driver related. PhysX is another perfect example of their lack of support, thou I'm sure the Fanboys will disagree. ATI has had ample time to come out with there own form of Physic Processing that they claimed they could do years ago. But their just not into spending money on software/driver support. I almost bought a pair of 5870's a couple of times in the last few months but I just couldn't bring myself to do it after browsing a few different Forums. And to be perfectly honest, if they would of shown some real effort with their drivers when the 5870 came out I would of jumped ships and changed my name to Comrade Slay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom