Helppppppp

Status
Not open for further replies.
the issue is not getting the pc to post..the issue is getting the pc to power on at all. maybe i am wrong...what compnenets are needed for a pc to power on, not post just power on...fans spinning, lights flashing. and the wire was the only thing with a problem. entire board from what i can see is fine, no burn marks, nothing was hot to the touch and the cpu and heatsink were still cool to the touch. anyone think it might be a grounding issue with the motherboard? or what about on the motherboard there is the secondary power connector for a p4...could that be something?

Try the motherboard outside of the case. Sometimes the case is the problem but is not very likely. take the motherbord out and hook it up to the power supply with only the CPU, CPU fan, graphics cards and see what happens

I'm not very sure of how the older Pentium4 CPU power supply works, but I isn'nt it two power cables going from the PSU to the motherboard on all Pentium4 boards? Have you connected both of them? If no RAM is inserted, the system should power up and bring out loud beeps with different length, so I don't think this is a RAM issue and obviousle the problem isn't any burnt components either.

ok i tried the older motherboard outside the case, connected the cpu fan, a different power supply and power button and still fan made a half turn then nothing. Then i decided to try the new motherboard that is in the case. This is the motherboard that wasn't working at all. Well i unplugged and replugged the power supply and the secondary power connector to the new motherboard that is installed in the case, pressed the power button and it powered up. But now if i press the power button it is not turning off. Any ideas about this now?

sounds like a MBD grounding issue. plus, you may of, like pointed above, done some damage to the MBD when changing the volt settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom