video card question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandit99515

Beta member
hello everybody. new member here. i have a dell optiplex 755 small form factor pc. i want to add the right video card to drive 2 dell U2711 monitors ( 2560x1440). the pc has a PCI express slot . looking for any advice or suggestions to upgrade to the right card to make both monitors display at 2560 x 1440. thanks

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100293DP Radeon HD 5570 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Low Profile Ready Video Card w/ Eyefinity

That'll be about your best bet.

When it comes to SFF (Small Form Factor), it gets difficult to find a powerful gpu, especially something powerful enough to support 2 monitors with that resolution. This card will not be powerful enough to play games, or render anything at those resolutions. It ill let you do some of it, with limited abilities.

One monitor will have to be hooked up via HDMI, and the other DVI, but I have yet to see any different between the two at the same resolutions.

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100293DP Radeon HD 5570 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Low Profile Ready Video Card w/ Eyefinity

That'll be about your best bet.

When it comes to SFF (Small Form Factor), it gets difficult to find a powerful gpu, especially something powerful enough to support 2 monitors with that resolution. This card will not be powerful enough to play games, or render anything at those resolutions. It ill let you do some of it, with limited abilities.

One monitor will have to be hooked up via HDMI, and the other DVI, but I have yet to see any different between the two at the same resolutions.

Not sure the Dell will be powerful enough to run it. It calls for a 400W psu. I think the dell runs a 300ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom