x700xt vs 6600GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
wonder what type of software could use that much power besides games.

so how much is a near top, or top of the line system today?

ok, but they are saying that just the graphics cards and mobo will be more than that. so is the top of the line in 4 years really $1500 usd or more like $2500?

well see if you buy an fx-53 and a msi neo platimun mobo now itd set u back about a grand... a few years from now that same combination will be like 200 or 500 max... the top of the line system with technology that is cutting egde for THAT time will be about the same price as a top of the line system is nowdayss... i mean remembering back to my first computer it was a intel 486 at i think 255mhz or 300 or something like that and it cost us around 1100 canadian i think and the vai i have rite now cost us just about the same price 2 years ago

Aright I just built a system for a guy and it cost $1758 here are the specs and everything I got him:

Lian Li case - $125
MSI Neo2 - Platinum mobo - $125
AMD64 3500+ CPU - $350
1gb kit of Corsair XMS Ram - $225
9600XT 256mb - $150
2 10,000 RPM SATA Drives - $350
CD/DVD Burner Combo Drive - $125 I think
Thermalright SLK-948U Heatsink 92mm FAN - $40 or so
Ultra Moduler Connection 500w PSU

So yeah that should cover everything that's in the system. It runs quite nice and with the sata drives man, windows is up in 10 seconds. Like I said that totaled $1758 right there using a combo or newegg and zipzoomfly.com

I believe those are all the pieces....trying to think if I forgot somethin but can't think of it right now.

yeah, but like, how much could the top of the line cost then?

cuz the system u posted wasnt all that top of the line. i mean like todays topof line is like a

1gb ram pc3200
2x raptor hdds
6800ultra
amd fx-55

something like that

i want to know because i need to save now,
with payements for my new car and the apartment i moved into. i am really in a tight spot. but taking a guess i think it would cost me around $2500-$3000. wat do u guys think?

you cant tell someone the future costs for sure... at the rate that tecnhology is advancing nowadays i wouldnt be surprised if in like 5 years that system would cost u 100bux of used parts off of ebay cuz noone would be producing those parts anymore... and i wudnt be surprised if in 5 years that system would be as obselete as say an apple 1 is now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom