new budget!! $2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah.. this is really hard...

everyone has differnet opinions..

more home work for me..

i'll look into the stuff agian.

I've had a lot of positive experience with Samsung HDDs but on the other hand I don't like Antec * hundred series cases.

What do you not like about the Antec hundred series cases? I just bought one so I hope I am not disappointed.

I have always been a big fan of WD hard drives. Never bought a different brand except for the ones that came in prebuilts.

I agree with only spending half of the $3000 unless you plan on keeping this build for a long time. Then maybe spend the extra money on the higher end stuff. If you are anything like me and say you are going to keep it for a long time but a year or two down the road, you are wanting to upgrade again, then I would just spend around $1500.

Decent wire management can be done but it usually requires modification of some kind. They are also quite expensive for what you get and while they are large, they are not that good for watercooling (according to apsire). My biggest problem though is that, with the exception of the 300, they are really ugly.

Just because they look nice on the outside doesn't mean they are good for functionality. I don't like the Antec hundred series at all either. Poor wire management (you need to break out the dremel for good results) is a definite downer. I like the looks of the 300 because it seems basic, but the others are fugly and the management jobs inside that I have seen look like it was a painful process.

meh, hat would be your reccomendation as a replacemnt for someone who has a 1200 listed in their build?

A lot...Silverstone full towers, Haf 932, Cosmos, Line Li full towers (although pricey), 800D & 700D. There are a lot of other alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom