Compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EbonHawk

Baseband Member
I am getting a new motherboard, but am not sure if the current processor (Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz) will be able to fit in it. I am wanting to get this motherboard. I'm going to attach what AIDA32 gave me about my CPU so you could see if it supports it. I know the socket is right, but other than that, not sure. Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• report.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 47
Seems like things would be fine, that report you got there doesnt say the FSB but chances are that it may be 533 and that mobo supports 800/533 but not 400FSB, so be sure of that.

sure it will, as 875chip support processors @ 400Mhz bus as well.

spend some 20$ extra, and get urself Asus P4C800-E Deluxe. that board is on same chipset, and ROCKS.

also, get your cpu checked by CPU-Z

download it @ www.cpuid.com , that is very best free software, others sometimes makes mistakes. it will tell u exactly whats inside.

* finally to asure, this chipset will support the processor hassle free

Core Speed: 2392.2MHz
FSB: 99.7MHz
Bus Speed: 398.7MHz

How about now? I looked it up using CPU-Z, but not really sure what this means...

ok, right
this is 100Mhz Bus, and quad pumped to 400. that makes your CPU 2400 (nearly)

it will support your CPU, hassle free. as told before. and buy Asus P4C800-E Deluxe Board. the one i'm using, it rocks.

yopu'll find a button on CPu-Z, SAVE RESULTS. save these results in text format, and send me in PVT message.

THe mobo that you chose Hawk wont work with it because the FSB on your CPU is 400mhz and the mobo supports 800/533fsb.

your RAM may make some problems as 875 chip is little moody. good thing you have matched DDR's

secondaly, are you gonan install this board in your HP?

thirdly, this board will support your Northwood core CPU even at 400Mhz FSB. as far as your processor is with 478pins.

those telling that it will not support your processor are relying on Retailors quotes, not manufacturers. as 865 is somewhat similar chip and is supporting 400, you can as well have peek on Asus web siet being manufacturer that this board with 875p chipset supports 400Mhz FSB processors:

http://uk.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?langs=11&m=P4C800-E Deluxe

as wel, you can see on 875p chipset information on intel's site:

http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets/875P/index.htm?iid=ipp_dlc_procp4f+body_featur875p&

where is is clearly written, quoting the words: "Supports the highest performance Intel® Pentium® 4 processors plus, the flexibility to support other 478-pin Intel® processors.".

intel havent mentioned in their paper about 400Mhz systems buses as this boards with 875 chipset are intended to be installed with more powerful processors on P-4 core as this board qualifies for entry level work stations.

therefore, this chip definately will work with 400FSB processor (478-pin packages). I can say it fully assutred.

if you do not feel like comfortable, then you can get board on 865 series chipset. as both 865 and 875 were flag-ship chipsets in intel's history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom