OC a 9800 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have about the same setup (see sig below). I never OCed with the stock cooling, I was to afraid to! It is a hot running card anyway. I upgraded to an Artic Colling VGA Silencer, and I OCed to 465 core and 740 memory. I usually run a little lower, cause I dont need all that speed. You can see my aquamark score in my sig as well. Get a VGA Silencer first, they are less than $20 shipped and work awesome! If you have any Q's let me know, since our comps are very similar. Oh ya, I used ATI tool to OC, I highly recommend it over any thing else.

kind of the same thing like nvidia's coolbits reg. It's just another tool like your Redline that allows you to adjust your cards settings. Try out that tool and see if you can get some better results, but yeah if you really want to OC it, I'd suggest you get the Arctic cooler like he said. Ag3 in these forums has that I believe and he said it works great. I believe it fits onto your card and then it has a little vent that blows the hot air through an open PCI slot opposed to just blowing air around in the case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom