Missing something here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey trotter did you try to swap out the ram?
i had this problem for about 3-4 months...bought some generic 1gb of ram and it worked

After searching the mobo manual I have found that it DOES NOT have an onboard speaker. It has a 4-pin connector for a chassis speaker but my case does not have an in-built speaker. Basically I am SOL as far as BIOS codes go.

I have fooled with this again yet. Too tired tonight. I may check it tomorrow. I have a spare PSU ad graphics card that is meant for my wife's computer that I can try with it. Heck, I could wipe my storage drive and use it to install Windows on it if I wanted. I'll wait and see how things go then before I worry about it, though.

If you know the spare GPU works, test it out on the P5Q. That'll let you rule out the GTX being the culprit on the board. I'm sure most of us are still wondering, have you tried each piece of RAM, in different slots? I put a 1GB stick of Crucial ram that was known to be good (bought it brand new, and had it running in my PC), put it into my mother's PC and it wouldn't boot, tried it in every slot, and nothing. It was even on the listed compatible for her board, and it would not budge. Brought it home, put it in my PC to see if it just randomly failed, and it booted right up.

you made sure to clean the contacts on the cpu right? it did run before i shipped it off and it should be ok as far as i know. my crucial ram failed on me the resistors fell right off the memory when it got hot. IL never buy anymore crucial in my life, great performers when they work but they are so finicky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom