Video green dots on samsung tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

gthirty7s

Baseband Member
I'm having this issue with watching movies on my samsung tv 40" HDTV it's connected to my computer using hdmi to dvi cable
Some times wile watching a movie the tv screen starts to show green dots all over the screen, and for me to make the green dots go way I need to shot off my tv and turn it back on. I know it's not my tv cuz it works fine wile watching cable. Anyone knows what could it be? Maybe it's my hdmi cable?

I doubt its because of just a cheap cable. I have two hdmi cables that I bought for 3 bucks a piece and use them all the time for my pc and my xbox with my lcd and never have had an issue at all. How old is the lcd. I had one that was several years older and it did the same thing with pink dots and eventually the problem would get worse and I had to replace it.

I doubt that it is due to cheap HDMI cables. I got my 4 cables from a website for 10 cents a piece and $3 shipping for all 4 of them. They work just as good as any of the $50 ones out there.

Just do a search on Google or bing about it. almost everywhere you go you will see people say the same exact thing. It is a digital signal. It transfers only 1's and 0's. So either it works or doesnt. The gold plating, while looking good, doesnt offer you anything extra over any other cable. This may have been true with composite cables, but there is yet to be decisive proof that a gold plated HDMI cable provides better signal than any other cable.

So a cheap cable isnt the difference. The difference would be if the cable was damaged in anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom