what are your prime95 temps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean W.

Fully Optimized
prime95 is a program that stress tests your CPU for worst case scenario temperatures...

If you do not have Prime95 here is a link: ( warning, if you have never used prime95, extreme temperatures and in-adequate cooling could cause your system to crash )

Prime95 (64bit) - 25.11 Download - EXTREME Overclocking

and if you do not have a program to monitor your CPU temps, i used Speedfan, which you can get here:

Download SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer

here are my CPU temps after 5 minutes of Prime95 running...

CPUtemps.jpg

That seems pretty high after just 5 mins. I only get to 50 after about 45 mins and that with with my phenom II x3 overclocked from 2.8 to 3.7GHz. These temps are even with air cooling.

I would use Intel Burn Test or Linx for stress testing. Compared to those two Prime95 is a walk in the park.

Be aware that that they will make your system run even hotter than Prime95 does.

so, when i started this thread, that was before i fixed the overclock in my bios, so now that i fixed the over clock problem, im at 51*C after 30 minutes of running prime95. :) muuuch better :D ill do linx right now and see how my computer does.

Here's a question pertaining to Linx, how do you see your temps update? It puts my system in a lock state when Linx is running, between passes it goes back to normal and I can see the temps, but I can't view them in "real time".

i use " SpeedFan " and run both programs side by side while doing the tests...

yzmxer608, what are you CPU over clock stats? i just got mine to 3.9ghz, havnt tested to see if its stable yet, bout to run the tests right now.

im at 1.530 volts, 19.5 multiplier and 200 bus speed.

EDIT: Mer :/ after runing prime95 for about 2 minutes it crashed, so im back to 3.8ghz.

Here's a question pertaining to Linx, how do you see your temps update? It puts my system in a lock state when Linx is running, between passes it goes back to normal and I can see the temps, but I can't view them in "real time".

My system has always been relatively responsive when running Linx, it's certainly not fast but it's by no means locked up.

You could always use HWMonitor since it will show you the max temp reached while it was running in addition to your current temps.

That's a good idea puddle :).

Here's my highest linx run Sean, right now my everyday clock is 205 ref. and 18.5 mult. at stock volts (that run was at stock volts too).
linx501290.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom