Normal temp from GPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or unless your running a 480.

I'm running 2 GTX 480's in SLI with the stock coolers and my temps are in the Hi 30's to Low 40's at an idle.
480temps.jpg

and a few minutes later.
480temps2.jpg

I just don't see your point.

yeah I knew bout the Fahrenheit-celsius thing.

and slaymate's idle temp looks better then mine. (after conversion)

I got stock cooling.

ok... so i took the side of my computer off and put a room Fan blowing at highest speed into my computer...

with a Room Fan blowing into my case, i Ran Furmark and the temperatures remains the same, 82*C at load... so i belive that ( at least in my situation ) airflow has nothing to do with the temperature of my GPU...

Thoughts?

Furmark with stock fan auto speed.

I don't see any benefits or rewards for running Furmark and getting my hardware as hot as it can get. I'm more into maximum performance at the coolest possible temperature, not the other way around. I will run a benchmark that gives me a score and see how hot it get's in a somewhat realistic environment (which Furmark isn't). This is at my regular everyday settings on the cpu and memory and the 480's are at the stock Auto settings.

heaven2331.jpg

ok... so i took the side of my computer off and put a room Fan blowing at highest speed into my computer...

with a Room Fan blowing into my case, i Ran Furmark and the temperatures remains the same, 82*C at load... so i belive that ( at least in my situation ) airflow has nothing to do with the temperature of my GPU...

Thoughts?

furmark is a benchmark program, which means that it's going to stress your card, which in turn gets it really hot. run a more real world temperature scanner, hence why I posted my HW Monitor screenie. it's a real time temperature, no stressing, just tells you what you have. that's not a bad temp, not for running at full load for a while. my post was at idle, stock cooling. when gaming, I might see temps up to 75 or 80. when gaming AND having a movie going on a second monitor, might see even higher. so again, you should be golden

furmark is a benchmark program, which means that it's going to stress your card, which in turn gets it really hot. run a more real world temperature scanner, hence why I posted my HW Monitor screenie. it's a real time temperature, no stressing, just tells you what you have. that's not a bad temp, not for running at full load for a while. my post was at idle, stock cooling. when gaming, I might see temps up to 75 or 80. when gaming AND having a movie going on a second monitor, might see even higher. so again, you should be golden

See exactly, 75-80 while gaming which is where i was heading. My GTX280s would do 75-80 on max overclock running furmark with stock cooler at 100% fan. My point being, the 480s are hot. Ambient temps being real cold can make your idle temps low but your max real load temps wont ever be what they are supposed to be unless your putting a real load on it. Heaven, is not a very good benchmark.

Heaven may not be the best benchmark but it is far superior to Furmark for simulating everyday gaming use. Furmark is only good for finding your highest possible temperature or checking for proper heatsink operation. I can overvolt and overclock both of my cards and play games and never come close to the temp's Furmark approaches.

How hot you can get a card means nothing. How cool you can keep it while increasing performance means everything :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom