Adding mesh Case window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean W.

Fully Optimized
When i put my Corsair H50 Water cooler in, it took the one exhaust fan port my case has, so im putting a wire mesh window in my computer and ill be putting one or two 120mm fans on the window exhausting air out... im going with 120mm fans because when i get my Antec 1200 ill be able to use the fans in the 1200.

so, these pictures are just the test fittings and to Run Benchmarks to see how this will effect temperatures, im going to cut out along the line, and then mount the fans on the mesh and paint the whole thing gloss black to match the rest of the case

Also i just want to Add that i love my Black berry 9700 :D all of these pictures are taken with my phone. pretty good quality if you ask me.

windowLine.jpg

closeupscreen.jpg

wnidowscreen.jpg

casetest.jpg

when the wire mesh is fully mounted against the side, it will be more than rigid enough to mount fans on. i think everything will work out fine.

Alright i got it done! all and all took about 3 hours, cutting, sanding, filing, measuring, painting, test fitting and drilling... i really like and it looks amazing!

the first thing i did was drill holes for the rivits and started to cut out the hole along the line.

cutting.jpg

completecut.jpg

then i measured out and cut the mesh to fit in the window and painted the mesh black

paintingmesh.jpg

paintedmesh.jpg

then i sanded the side pannel and preped it for paint

sanded.jpg

then i painted it

painting.jpg

here it is completely painted

completepainted.jpg

and finally rivited the mesh to the side panel

completeside.jpg

and here it is completed and installed

installed2.jpg