$1400 max budget for gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
?
No no no....I'm saying that a 4890 is better than a 5770 in terms of performance.

I have had 5 4890s and 2 5770s so I speak from experience :)

The 58xx series all destroy the 4890 :D

2 4890s will, however, eat a 5870 for breakfast :p

In fact even 2x 260s will on occasion, which is why I went SLI :D Except I've just sold one because they used so much ****** power, and I'd like to move my way towards 5770 or 5830 CF :D

Unless I get a really good deal on a used 5850 or GTX 470....but that's unlikely.

DX11 and tessellation are purely marketing tactics though. It will be a fair while before we see good implementation of either in games (to the point where they actually offer something substantial over DX10...even DX9).

Gurusan is right, barely any gaming titles run on DX11. By the time Dx11 is in full swing there will be bigger beefier cards out by then. Even though these cards support DX11 it doesn't mean anything because gaming developers have yet to utilize DX11. It's kind of like the old dual core vs quad core argument.

The option is irrelevant though as it offers nothing really.

I'm not saying the 5870 was a bad purchase, I'd love to have one and in my opinion it's the best single GPU card for the money. I'm just saying that DX11 will take some time to be implemented properly, so it should not be a buying point.

ill agree with you on that.

But, for me at least, its kinda humbling to know that i can sit cool when Crysis 2 comes out and not have to do any upgrades to play it.

I wouldn't count on it :p All the farcry and Crysis games have crippled the latest hardware in the past. But yes you will most likely be able to take advantage of all the latest features that Crysis 2 will no doubt implement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom