i cant over clock, its to hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
can i break anything by doing this wrong... i have like 20% confidence

The worst thing you can do is give too much voltage. Don't touch any voltage options. The next worst thing is put in a setting that the board doesn't like, and it just won't boot, it'll power up, but that's it. That's perfectly fine. Since you have an ASUS board, just shut down the computer, and power it on again. Re-enter the bios and change the setting back.

DO NOT TOUCH THE VOLTAGE!!!

If windows doesn't boot you can go back to the bios and set things back to normal. If it does, then congrats you've overclocked to 3.8ghz.

But that doesn't mean you're good to go with it. It will need to be tested. Prime95, Intel Burn Test, or OCCT will test it. I recommend at least 30minutes of each core getting a work out.

k i went to the CPU section in the bios and this is what it looked like... i didnt know what to change and none of them said any of the numbers i was looking for, so i didnt change anything..
u can see at the top of the screen that the TARD who built my computer just went with a 10% overclock and left it at that, and thats why i think that is where the problem is. yes?

CPUBios.jpg

k, and what Headers will the options im looking to change be in? like will they be in CPU Ratio or HT link speed... or.....?

In the Bios i didnt see " Bus Speed " or " multiplier "

ok... ill try again.

Set Overclock to " manual "
set CPU Ratio to 19
and set CPU frequency to 200?
and make sure CPU voltage is 1.5 volts?

correct?

hows this? i didnt save the changes, i just did this to take a picture and make sure i made the changes to the right places, if u say this is right i will go back in and save the changes....

CPUbios2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom