College Laptop Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now It's my turn to laugh. Netbooks do not have a 10-hour battery life. The most I hve seen is ~5 hours.

Amazon.com: MSI Wind U110-031US 10.1-Inch Silver Netbook - Over 14 Hours of Battery Life:…

This netbook should at least get 10 hours of battery life since the U123, which uses the same battery but a less efficient cpu and much less efficient chipset, managed to get ~8.5 hours of real world usage. I would expect any Pine Trail based netbook (N450) with a good 9 cell to manage close to 10 hours as well.

-Your laptop can be hooked up with nearly anything. It depends on what your TV has for a connection. HDMI is the best, followed by S-video and then VGA/DVI.

DVI is a lot better than S-Video, no? Pretty sure it can do the same resolution as HDMI, just with no audio.

I'm not sure, never had a TV with that capability. S-Video was just fine for me... Maybe I should have said S-Video/DVI...

Now It's my turn to laugh. Netbooks do not have a 10-hour battery life. The most I hve seen is ~5 hours.

Amazon.com: MSI Wind U110-031US 10.1-Inch Silver Netbook - Over 14 Hours of Battery Life:…

This netbook should at least get 10 hours of battery life since the U123, which uses the same battery but a less efficient cpu and much less efficient chipset, managed to get ~8.5 hours of real world usage. I would expect any Pine Trail based netbook (N450) with a good 9 cell to manage close to 10 hours as well.

owned

Things change fats in netbook world. Anandtech has had a lot of recent articles and several have been hitting on or close to the 10 hour mark.

I just had to point that out. :lol:

Yes, technology is improving, also the price isn't stopping..

brand known to have issues with wow:
acer/intel GMA
dell/intel GMA
HP/Intel GMA

brands known to be fine:
Asus
Toshiba/ATI
Cyberpowerpc/Nvidia

I would have serious graphical glitches with wow on my acer laptop that used to have vista hp on it it had an intel gma 3100 and would have this odd problem of having strange patterns where certain textures should be and had mad overheating. I can play morrowind and other games on that computer with no problems. I even got oblivion to work fine on the same laptop without those issues, but WoW had the issues as well as LOTRO. I think it might be an issue with the engine that WoW uses is unsupported on intel GMA

so stay away from intel GMA based latops. from my experience they are not good with WoW and other games using that kinda engine.

cannot test current builds of any games on that laptop becuase I accidentally broke the screen so its dead and sitting in the junk room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom