How to downgrade Dell BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno. but this is plauging alot of people and dell should pay for this crap. I worked there at dell. I know how bad that company is. anyone wanna know more dirt on them let me know!

OK. After few hour. I success flash the Bios back to A06 with a floppy disk (spent an hour to find the floppy).
The problem now is the CPU still run at half speed. The Bus Speed suppose to be 533 MHz. It is 400MHz now. Does take the CPU out, the Bus Speed change back to 533 MHz?

Did you reset the BIOS settings to default after you flashed it? Either 'reset to default' in the BIOS itself, or try taking the CMOS battery out.

I reset the BIOS settings to default------>didn't work.
I took CMOS battery out------>didn't work.
What now?
Should I take the CPU out? Or some other trick?

I reset the BIOS settings to default------>didn't work.
I took CMOS battery out------>didn't work.
What now?
Should I take the CPU out? Or some other trick?

Try what Slaymate suggested. When running in "real mode" (Not sure what that is, except for maybe, not "compatibility" mode.) By pressing Ctrl + Alt + \ at the CPU speed section. It'll take effect immediately in BIOS.

Try what Slaymate suggested. When running in "real mode" (Not sure what that is, except for maybe, not "compatibility" mode.) By pressing Ctrl + Alt + \ at the CPU speed section. It'll take effect immediately in BIOS.

Already tried. Didn't work.
Next solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom