Phenom II X6 1055T good or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

619clean

Solid State Member
Couple Questions :

1. is it cost effective (just the processor alone)

2. what motherboards are supported (cost effective solutions in mind)

3. is it worth the money (and effort to upgrade to its level) ?

4. any other high performance chips (that would provide more bang for their buck?)

5. When building a high performance computer what else comes to mind ( consider cost effective solutions). For example CPU, GPU, Motherboard, RAM, etc.)

6. would love to hear your input (good or bad)

THANKS IN ADVANCE

FRYS.com*|*AMD

890gx Board I think. The 1055T is capable of overclocks up to 4.00ghz+ with turbo mode active.

From what I've seen in benchmarks the 1090T is in about the same league with the i7 920 at stock clocks. Considering the 1055T can probably hit 3.5ghz with ease, it'd probably perform a little quicker then the i7 920 at stock.

If it's within your budget I'd highly suggest you pick one up.

lets say extreme gaming (near crysis graphics or something insane like that)... surely gottta be Direct X 11 compatible to the max

The most important thing to consider is definitely the GPU, especially for a gaming build. I'd go with a 5870 and an i7 920 or 930. The 6 core CPU isn't really going to make a difference for gaming.

Well I usually always recommend Intel but I have to say the 1055 looks like a good cpu for the price. It wouldn't be my 1st choice but I think it's still a good choice.

Its a solid chip, if you got the cash to spare. Grab one and give it a try.

Yeah its a bit over kill for games, but who here doesn't multitask as they're running their game as well?

Edit- Don't mind me, been up for the last 48 hours.

lets downgrade... I'm thinking about a quad-core now running on this mobo:

>> ASUS M4A785-M Motherboard

Looking at these CPUs:

>> AMD Phenom X4 9650 Quad CPU HD9650WCGHBOX

>> AMD Athlon II X4 620 Quad CPU ADX620WFGIBOX

Which CPU best fits?? or if any other exist in similar ranges please specify... THANKS IN ADVANCE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom