Status
Not open for further replies.

Distance

Beta member
Hey guys,

Having abit of a problem with my dads computer, first, some specs;

Code:
[B]Acer Aspire T180[/B]

Acer EM61SM/EM61PM (Foxconn MCP61SM-AM Board)
AMD Sempron 3200+ CPU
2GB Memory
40GB Hitatch Sata HDD
Windows 7 Professional - 64bit

This all came about after trying to flash the BIOS with a newer version, I got the error;

erase failure, maybe hardware protected
fwh rom is write protected

Then when I rebooted the system to try and find some BIOS protection option after the BIOS had loaded and the acer screen etc had gone instead of booting windows it just comes up with the message;

Verifying DMI Pool Data..

I have read about and people have suggested trying to fix the boot records, by using a bootable floppy.

I have done this however the computer won't boot to anything, I have tried removing the CD and HDD and booting from floppy however it won't, it just shows the same message, Verifying DMI Pool Data.

There is nothing wrong with the HDD as I have just put it in my computer and am currently writing this thread using his HDD in my system.

I have tried booting from CD (I have a windows 7 disk) and it just came up with the same message, it seems it won't boot anything and past BIOS it just shows this message.

Someone, please enlighten me with a magic fix for this,

Thanks

Josh

P.S I have also tried cleaing the CMOS by removing the jumper and battery and rebooting

Look in the Bios and see if your hard drive has an option for IDE or AHCI. Try changing it. If it doesn't help change it back.

Okay will take a look, but even if I disconnect the HDD and try to boot from a bootable floppy it sitll shows the error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom