x700xt vs 6600GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
man I wouldn't be surprised if it cost more than $1500. If you got two PCI-E 6800 Ultras that are completely optimized for PCI-E unlike they are now, and then couple that with the mobo you'll need to be able to even use the SLI Technology and assuming they make these new motherboards to be able to accept older CPUs meaning like atleast the XP series from AMD then yeah I'd say $1500 is about right no doubt.

Well, two graphics cards could cost from 400 to 1000 depending on which ones you get plus a dual pci-e slotted motherboard could run about 200 and however much for the sli componants... could be from 700 to about 1500 i would say, that was a good estimate.

damn, i better start saving up now then. but are u sure? i mean who would pay that much money. and this is 2 years from now. wait no, how about 3-4 years from now.

well not really.. the sli technology is being introduced into the market in about early 2005 (january - february) and the dual pci-e x16 mobos should be out about the same time... and by then we should have pci-e cards that fully utilize all the features (but not all the speed) of the pci-express interface

yeah, but 3-4 years from now, how much would it cost?i just decided that i would wait 3-4 years so all the bugs and problems tht occur can be fixed.

i mean who would pay that much money.

Are you kidding? Anyone who can afford it will pay it. Just think how many people went out and bought the FX-53 as soon as it was available on the shelf. People are insane about the absolute top of the line hardware these days, but yeah 3-4 years from now it should probably be like standard prices. Probably around what us middle class poor folk could afford

top of the line system in 4 years will be the same price as a top of the line system now. If you mean how much will a todays top of the line system cost in 4 years, probably about as much as just buying a mobo like the ABit one I got and the cheap 35w 2400+ XP-M processor. The technology by that time will be so insane that AMD64's will probably be standard and people will get bagged on for not having a socket 1,000,000 board with the AMD512 in it. :p

Nubius said:
top of the line system in 4 years will be the same price as a top of the line system now. If you mean how much will a todays top of the line system cost in 4 years, probably about as much as just buying a mobo like the ABit one I got and the cheap 35w 2400+ XP-M processor. The technology by that time will be so insane that AMD64's will probably be standard and people will get bagged on for not having a socket 1,000,000 board with the AMD512 in it. :p

Socket 1,000,000!!!!, that is outrageous. Its like the boy who posted on here a while back that ten years from now he was going to have a Radeon 980000000000000000000000000000000000000 Pro video card with an Athlon 256 and 10 TB of PC990000000000000 RAM.

lol beedub I like to go EXTREME!!! I'm still waiting for my AMD512 bit processor :p

EDIT: And the sad thing is, even if that stuff did exist with 10TB of PC900000000000000 RAM, then the software they would have by that time would use it all up and it'd be no faster than todays top of the line system lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom