New build:Win 7 keeps rebooting upon shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.

lake1234

Beta member
I just completed my 1st build. So far, I am only having 1 problem and I hope maybe someone here could possibly help. I am using a Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H (rev 1.1) and Win 7 for my OS. When I go to shut down the machine, it goes through the normal shut down processes, but immediately after completing the shut down, it reboots. The only way I've been able to shut down the system is holding the power button for 5-8 seconds. To restart, I have to flip the switch on the power supply off, then back on. The system begins it's startup without me touching the power button on the front of the machine. Any ideas? Thanks for any help.

Sounds like some of the internal connectors from the power button to the motherboard are not connected correctly. Double check them, and then triple check them.

what he said and make sure you have it setup properly in the power options. :) hope we've been helpful.

Not sure about the shut down issue. But if you have to flip a power switch to get the power back on you have the power connectors connected wrong.

Hmmm, something very similar to this is happening with my roomate's computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom