Need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

khan008

In Runtime
Im looking to update my PC once again. All I really want to play is Flight Simulator X, and i'm trying to get it to run as smooth as possible. I've been told its a cpu intensive game as oppose to gpu intensive, i'm not really sure. This is what I had in mind;

AMD Phenom II X6 Six Core 1090T Black Edition 3.20GHz
AMD Phenom II X6 Six Core 1090T Black Edition 3.20GHz (Socket AM3) - Retail [HDT90ZFBGRBOX] Processors AMD Phenom II

Asus Crosshair IV Formula AMD 890FX (Socket AM3) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard
Asus Crosshair IV Formula AMD 890FX (Socket AM3) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard [90-MIBCN0-G0EAY00Z] Motherboards AMD AM3 (800 Chipset)

Silverstone SST-FT02B-WRI Fortress Windowed Case
Silverstone SST-FT02B-WRI Fortress Windowed Case - Black/Red [] Cases Silverstone

Maybe a HD 5850, not too sure really.

And i'm really not sure on what ram to get.

I'll use my hdd, optical and psu from my old pc. Wasnt really sure if i should get a ssd, debating if theyre worth the price. Let me know what you think I should do. Thanks.

If you really want performance to count, the intel i7 would be a better choice, as opposed to general application performance the i7 does significantly better in gaming, its usually pretty much the same or slightly behind in some apps (they trade blows from app to app). I haven't seen any benchmarks to back this up with FSX but its def. true in all other games.

To be honest you probably won't see that big of an increase over your build i wouldn't think, you already have great processing power and graphics for a game like that. I would not bother just for FSX. nice case choice though, i have the RV02, pretty much the same but slightly smaller and its awesome quality.

Ok thanks.

I really want to change my case, and the silverstone is very pretty =). I suppose i'll just buy that for now, how about changing my graphics card?? I want the hd 5850, and if I sold my gtx 260 the difference in price isnt that much. What do you think?

got my new 1090t machine this week. 8 gigs of dominator and a 5750 gpu. push them sliders to the right and watch it load in 30 seconds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom