Radeon 9800 Pro help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThE sHoZnAt

Baseband Member
Ok, so I'm finally getting a Radeon 9800 Pro. I've been reading up on all this computer stuff, and it uses an AGP slot. I open up my computer and guess what? No AGP slot. So I was just wondering if there were any other things I could do besides getting a new motherboard?

I think u need a new motherboard, there are pci cards out there, but i don't think they make it for the 9800 pro. Plus, what is your motherboard?

yeah wat they said, except wait a while and get new pci express mobo so u can be prepared for the latest technology. and remember kdis, vote this election.

......I can't help but say it....but you really should have looked up on your hardware before buying a card. No AGP slot either means your computer is insanely old or you got it from Dell or a company like that. If you did get it from dell or compaq or any place like that, then generally a new mobo won't fit in the case. But yeah the only way to get your AGP Card to work is by getting an AGP ready mobo

yea, i hope u are not using dell or compaq, they suk for upgrading. but like i said wait for new mobos to come out. and btw

THIS IS MY 250th POST

Damn Compaq. I just saw a barebone kit on tigerdirect.ca that has a case, mobo, and Athlon XP 3000+ included for $350 Cdn. Good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom