sithspawn

In Runtime
Hey guys

I just had a weird problem with my monitor. First of all some specs:
Im running an athlon 2500+ on a gigabyte g7vaxp motherboard
512 megs oif ram
radeon 9800 Pro
monitor is a LG Flatron F700B
(i ahve other parts but nothing i think would be relevant to this)

Basically my monitor just suddenyl went all yellowish. Sort of like how your eyesight goes when you look through yellow celaphane. I turned my monitor off, turned it back on and it had gone. a minute later it came back. i slightly touched the back and it went. a minute later it came back...
this time i couldnt do anything to get it off. I turned the monjitor off, turned it back on. jiggled the cords, made sure it was plugged in okay. everything short of restarting. I was in the middle of looking around the net for answers when it just went back to normal!

Its 10 minutes later and havent had any probs with it again.... weird

anyone have any ideas what it is? The monitor is very new (only bought it at the start of July) so i dont see why it would be doing that. I have two mates that have the same monitor and they have never had this problem!

ANy ideas at all??

OCC Fan said:
dude someone peed on it....

o look at that....a useless post.......

Look on the back of your computer and on the back of your monitor and check to make sure the cables are plugged in all the way and that no pins are bent. If it is in all the way and no pins are bent then try adjusting the "color" on your monitor.

If all above methods have failed or there just are no bent connectors or anything, see if your monitor has a degauss feature. I forgot technically what it does, but it basically makes your screen jump in attempt to get the color corrected. Perhaps someone could better explain what it does.

maybe u should get a new monitor, if all alse fails. but now there are some really good monitors from samsung and viewsonic. not ure how old urs is though.

hey guys thanks for the advice. there are no bent connectors. it has just done it again while i started writing this. degausing doesnt work....its very weird. ill check all the connections again

oh and degausing gets all the magnetism out of a screen.

okay a bit more info. i was just checking all the connectors and everything, still yellow, and i sat back down. windows just sdhoved an error in my face that said there was an error with some driver file and that the graphics card had entered an infinite loop?!?!

I pushe the restard button (it was a screen dump, only way to get out of it) and then when it turned back on the picture was absolutely f'd.

the monitor ha NOW gone yellow again.....the graphics card was VERY hot.........

strange?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom