future proof cases?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had no problems with my 1200, I have a lot crammed into it and did some extra work for better wire management. You can see the build and get some looks at the case from my build thread, click the link in my sig if you want.

It had plenty of room for upgrading, lots of fans. I'd recommend it if that's your price range. The one thing is that it's a bit tight with larger video cards.

The down side is that at the end of the day it does have a lot of plastic and I'm a fan of aluminum....but aluminum costs money. It' also very big so if your space is limited or you do a lo of LANing then the 1200 minght not be for you.

Good luck!

dang nice build! mi way impressed!

Just got my Nine Hundred and was playing around with the different configurations. I don't have any other parts other than my PSU and case yet but I am pretty sure you won't be able to fit a water cooling setup inside the 900, though it does have holes in the back for an external cooling unit. The airflow is pretty amazing and it is pretty quiet. It is decent but not great at cable management, though if you have a modular power supply you will have better results since the main cable management problem is bundling up the unused wires. I also removed the black internal fan cage because I think it would probably interfere with my 5870.

I operate out of a fairly large case, the Lian Li Tyr PC-X1000.... lots of room, lots of cooling, different "zones" of heat and ways to disperse it, removeable motherboard tray *which makes a dream to work on your PC* toolless design *only thing I used tools on was the mobo itself* clear instructions, plenty of amenities. as mentioned, some things to look for are mobo compatability, internal and external drive bays, but something else to consider, and it was only mentioned once, space for bigger cards. another thing... space for bigger CPU heatsinks! high end cards and coolers will not fit well into mid tower cases. if you are wanting to get big into computers and build a top end rig, go full tower, save yourself the trouble. made that mistake with my first case.

yea man, thats why im looking at the Antec 1200, full size case and i havnt really heard anything negative about it.

as far as getting hard core into computers, i still have some slack on my chain, i havnt completely dove off the cliff yet, still looking down deciding fi i want to jump or not. its like, yea i spent over $1500 on my computer... now what? i dont know if i want to make chasing numbers a hobby...

You wont regret the purchase of a nice case, because at the end of the day your computer only looks as good as the case its in, although i prefer simpler looking cases i used to get basic cases but lately only ever grab nice quality cases like my RV02 which is just amazing quality, i'll never go back. Plus i can already tell airflow and cable management will be awesome once i get my GTX 480........GRRRRR

CM Sniper is way cool!

I just ordered a number of CoolMaster's Sniper Black Cases because they had a huge discount and included the $79 CM STORM SENTINEL ADVANCE GAMING MOUSE for free [the total package was $99 with free shipping, the regular price for this combo was around $250].

Anyway, the reason I really like the Sniper Black is due to the incredible cooling ability. It sports 3, [yes I did say 3] super quiet 200 mm fans with controls.

Best of all, it looks way cool..

Here's some other info:

CM Storm Sniperâ„¢ Black Edition mesh version - the best gaming chassis in the world just got better, with an all black interior and 2.5" HDD/SSD support.

Reinforced by CM Storm's revolutionary Storm Tacticsâ„¢, with its dedicated focus on Strength, Security, and Control, the Sniper Black Edition stands ready to mobilize your next gaming session and fully back up your skills!

Strength - undeniable material strength and unprecedented airflow from three huge 200mm fans.

Security - the groundbreaking StormGuardâ„¢ security system efficiently protects your gaming peripherals from theft.

Control - the unique control center offers convenient control over fan speeds and lights, while the sturdy carrying handles let you decide the place for your next battle.

Sniper also has plenty of flexibility for water cooling enthusiasts, with radiator support and two positions for routing tubes (top 26mm and bottom 18mm).

I am planning on moving all my components from my Q955o system into one of these. Then I will build a new rig also using one of these Snipers putting in an i5-750 that I got at a great price.

Finally, here are a couple of pics of the Black Sniper:

This baby has enough goods to spoil a person if you're not careful!

Hope this helps!

Soar

Attachments

• CM Sniper pic 1.JPG
    CM Sniper pic 1.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 23
  • CM Sniper pic 2.JPG
    CM Sniper pic 2.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 23
that looks like a cool case, thats a mid size case yea? the Antec 1200 that im looking as has room for 8 Fans.

Theres a computer on newegg by cyperpower PC with that case, has a AMD 1090T ( i think ) and 2 5870's... $2229... i wants.

that looks like a cool case, thats a mid size case yea? the Antec 1200 that im looking as has room for 8 Fans.

Theres a computer on newegg by cyperpower PC with that case, has a AMD 1090T ( i think ) and 2 5870's... $2229... i wants.

Sean, yes it is a mid size but I noticed several reviews saying it is more like a full size on the inside. To be honest with you, I haven't even opened the boxes up yet because I have been too busy.

That Antec 1200 looks totally awesome and yeah, it sure can accommodate lots of fans! $209 was over my budget so I could not even consider it! Hopefully it will come down in price or you can find a great sale on it soon!

Good luck on your search!

Soar

PS I really like the looks of the 1200. I posted a nice pic of it!

PSS NewEgg reviews on the 1200 are phenomenal!

Attachments

• Antec 1200.JPG
    Antec 1200.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 19
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom