Looking for a gaming laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh did not realize that, can someone recommend me another laptop that is purchasable in Canada, with similar specs as the MX11 or better

yeah i realized the MX11 is an 11" which is why im looking for another laptop with similar specs with just a bigger screen and possibly a cheaper price

Do you want an 11" or a 17" screen. The MX11 is a $900 computer because its 11". A 17" for $900 will not have a decent gpu.

Youre best bet is to go through the newegg.ca site, and look at a few and ask about them.

I posted a link to the 17" ones above, somewhere.

What province are you?

Ontario, im looking for a 17" screen but if i find a 15" with better specs i wouldn't mind, but would highly prefer a 17" as this laptop is going to basically replace my old desktop
Came across this laptop which doesn't seem to bad
Newegg.ca - ASUS K50 Series K50AD-X1 NoteBook AMD Turion II M520(2.3GHz) 15.6" 4GB Memory 320GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570
I have really no idea on how to shop around for gaming laptops considering Im a big noob about searching for laptops and knowing which specs are good nowadays.

Hi fellow tech-forums community was interested in buying a laptop for gaming and work in which will replace my desktop, was looking to get the alienware MX11 but with further research on the forums found out alienware computers are overpriced. I'm looking for a laptop with similar specs but with a bigger screen 17inch would be great.

The M11x isn't overpriced at all, it's the only sub $1k ultraportable that offers a powerful gpu. People love to hate on Alienware, and in many cases it is deserved, but the M1xx isn't one of them.

If you like the M11x I recommend going for it. If I was in the market for a laptop it would be at the top of my list.

yes its hard to find a gaming laptop for under 1200 bucks. cyberpowerpc was the cheapest at 900 but I downgraded the cpu to get a better gpu. as well as the ram.

Sorry about the double thread, but was putting in alot of thought about the M11x and the monitor size for really bother me, due to the fact that i would be taking it to work everyday, Im really looking for basically the same specs as the M11x or better for 800$.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom