Rate the Wire Management Above You!

I just got my Antec 900 today, first real experience with wire management (my previous builds have all been modifications to OEM computers, not much to manage) so go easy on it :)

My PSU is not modular which is the reason for the big bundle of unused cables and I don't have the rest of my parts yet so that's why there's no motherboard, GPU, etc, etc. Just case and PSU (Antec EarthWatts 650W PSU). To hide the messy bundle of wires, I was thinking about building a "shield" of sorts that would cover up the unsightly wires and make it look better through the window. I made a quick demo out of paper and it actually seems like it wouldn't be a bad idea. The PSU has no rear vents being covered by it.

ok here's some eyecandy... best I can think to do for the moment. This is the Lian-Li Tyr X-1000 case.
Starting here at the top, the cables to the left (rear of the case) are connecting my 5 case fans to a speed controller, the other cables are to my Blu Ray player, I have them managed as best as I can fathom. Oh, and that cable poking up by the player? that's a manual CPU-fan controller... fortunately for me it came with one for each of the two fans currently attached to the heatsink
DSC00310.jpg

This is the aft end of the middle section, not much to say for cables here, down towards the bottom are the mobo connections, they are routed back behind the mobo tray or to the side.
DSC00317.jpg

this is, unfortunately, the only place I have to route cables... on the fore side of the case between the edge of the mobo tray and the front case fans. it's a mess, and I'm not sure what to do... if routed behind the mobo tray, I have real difficulties closing the rear case window, and it's bowed out. I'll be getting some plexi tubing to tidy that up.
DSC00319.jpg

close-up of the top rear of the middle section of the case, showing the PCI-E motherboard power bus. I realize that the heatsink isn't pointed in a normal direction, realized that after seeing some other cases, but I like the alignment as it draws air over the Northbridge heatsink
DSC00318.jpg

Last pic, the bottom of the case. I really love my fully modular Revolution PSU... and it's really nice and tidy in the bottom of the case.
DSC00311.jpg

-Calcmaster
I think it's time to bust out the tools
search for ED's 900 Mod log
luved the paper model though :D

-SirCyber
that's really nice, 8.5/10 in my book

Calcmaster... why didnt you get a modular power supply?

and SirCyber, i give you a 7/10, just cause your case is very busy... not with wires, but just with all the components

I just got my Antec 900 today, first real experience with wire management (my previous builds have all been modifications to OEM computers, not much to manage) so go easy on it :)

My PSU is not modular which is the reason for the big bundle of unused cables and I don't have the rest of my parts yet so that's why there's no motherboard, GPU, etc, etc. Just case and PSU (Antec EarthWatts 650W PSU). To hide the messy bundle of wires, I was thinking about building a "shield" of sorts that would cover up the unsightly wires and make it look better through the window. I made a quick demo out of paper and it actually seems like it wouldn't be a bad idea. The PSU has no rear vents being covered by it.

Did you get your 900 new retail? The newer ones are all black on the inside.

Back
Top Bottom