Looking to upgrade video cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just picked up a xfx 5770 and i am pretty impressed. All the games i play are buttery smooth at highest at 1920x1080. borderlands is honestly the biggest load i have put on it tho.

see the thing is that i am not looking to spend 300$ on a video card i want to spend around 150-200$ at the most. and with the xfx 5770 a lot of people are saying that they are crashing on them or they are arriving doa.

The 5770 is a solid card...great bang for your buck. Not sure what to say about the crashing problems...at least XFX has an excellent RMA and warranty service though. If you are worried about XFX then buy from another manufacturer. I personally would get the XFX still, though!

The 5770 is a solid card...great bang for your buck. Not sure what to say about the crashing problems...at least XFX has an excellent RMA and warranty service though. If you are worried about XFX then buy from another manufacturer. I personally would get the XFX still, though!

yeah that is what most of the reviews from newegg are saying. and another thing would the xfx 5770 run GTA4 smooth bc i did can you run it for my current card and it said it would run it but the game is all choppy.. i want a good card that i can run them on high setting and be smooth.

It all depends on your other hardware as well, not just the graphics card. What are your current system specs?

i am currently running

CPU:AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition
Mother Board:ASUS M3A76-CM
PSU:Cool Max V600W
GPU:HIS Radeon HD4670 1G
HDD:500g segate
Ram: PNY DDR2 3g's

Yeah your GPU is definitely the thing holding you back. Just get the best card your budget will allow.

I fully agree with this.

I have a 4870 paired with a dual core (even the same motherboard), and get anywhere from 30-55fps in GTA IV. If I were to upgrade to a quad, I could easily see a huge improvement.

The 5770 has basically the same performance of a 4870. You shouldn't see a problem with a 5770 and a quad trying to run GTA IV.

Yeah your GPU is definitely the thing holding you back. Just get the best card your budget will allow.

alright well thanks guys i am going to be looking into getting a new card next paycheck. and i will most defentantly be looking into the 5770 xfx and should i go for the xxx edtion its a few bucks more but do you think it would be worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom