Need basic overclocking help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Virtualization is only needed if your running programs like Virtual PC or the "XP Mode" in Windows 7. If your not using it, Disable it.

When it crashes are you blue screening? What error codes are shown?
When you start Stress Testing use LinX

Using the picture below, select the "ALL" button, then set it to run 20 Times, then Hit the "Start" button.

linxj.jpg

When you can finally past the Test 20 Times you should be good. Double check it by changing the "Times" to "Minutes" and select 75 or 100. If you can pass LinX for 100 minutes you should be good to go.

it just rebooted.
i just changed the option not to reboot so i'll make sure to write it down now.
I'll use the linux now
Some program's i use xp for compatibility mode...
i'll run the linux software tonight
so far my cpu volt is on 1.36 and ram is +.03
i might be buying 2 more gigs of ram tomorrow, if i cant get the same brand will it be a problem?

XP Compatibility Mode and the "XP Mode" in Win 7 are not the same. XP Mode in Windows 7 uses Windows Virtual PC. Here's a link to check out.
Download Windows XP Mode

A different brand of ram will "probably" work. But there's no Guarantee.

XP Compatibility Mode and the "XP Mode" in Win 7 are not the same. XP Mode in Windows 7 uses Windows Virtual PC. Here's a link to check out.
Download Windows XP Mode

A different brand of ram will "probably" work. But there's no Guarantee.

plus i have a windows question about my hdd
whenever i open up u torrent...or my computer..i hear my hdds disk spinning...like its re loading or somthing and then my taskbar keeps refreshing...
is it going on idle on auto? is there a way to check?

It sounds like your drives are spinning up to verify what data is present. Do you have Indexing turned off?

I'm not really very knowledgable on Hard Drives, if I could increase the rpm's or something to make it fun I would know more :D

It sounds like your drives are spinning up to verify what data is present. Do you have Indexing turned off?

I'm not really very knowledgable on Hard Drives, if I could increase the rpm's or something to make it fun I would know more :D

haha....and yeah i turned it off...i'll turn it back on although it used up more ram, im gonna get some more tomorrow anyways so i guess it shouldn't matter much after that

EDIT

PLUS i have disabled Superfetch as well

The log is found in the minidump folder, but you need to use something like windbg from MS.

How old is your chip? More than 2 yrs?

i think i got this in 07...only thing that has been upgraded since is ram and hdd...don't feel like upgrading cpu or mobo for a long time....

Here's my last critical error

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>2</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-05-15T08:00:37.704016200Z" />
<EventRecordID>8570</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>krazyQ-PC</Computer>