New Motherboard, No Display Though. Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE

Well, I found out some of the problems were my fault. As embarrassing as it is, I let the my previous motherboards touch the metal on the case when I screwed them, so I basically shorted two of them out.

However, my father went full out and bought a new motherboard also at a different store too. I really nice one too. We mounted it the right way to make sure it wont short out lol, and we plugged everything in and all, so it's all ready to go.

The motherboad is a FIC 865 Dynasty (I think there are 3 types...lemme find what type).

I've gotten a lot further then I did before. I still have the same problem as before though, no display! The hard drive is plugged in also, and I even get the hard drive light on when I turn on the computer. It stays on approx. around a minute or more then stops. It seems to be booting up and all....still no display though and I have no idea why.

I also connected the keyboard and it gets power....but none of the 3 green light thats normally come on when you start up dont appear. Just something I thought worth mentioning just incase.

Yes, I've also tried the same idea....borrowing a better AGP card from my friend, an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 and it does exactly the same, so I know what type of card is not a problem. Both cards, my friens and my own, get power and even heat up. I dont see the problem. It seems as if everything is working except for the display...but the cards even get power though.

Oh, I've noticed even when the speaker pin is plugged in, I have not gotten any beeping. Mabye that good, but for the heck of it, I took out my RAM out of the motherboard to see if it would beep when there was no RAM....no beeping at all, so it's hard to tell. Processer is fine it seems, it heats up, gets power, etc. I dont think the hard drive light would come on if the processer was not working.

Any ideas? I know were a lot closer this time, and I can't wait to boot up this awesome computer!

Yeah it always has work....it's possible there is something wrong with the connector and the display wont show because of that. I was just thinking of that too. I'll test it on this new monitor I'm looking at right now...my brothers. Lemme see if that will work.

Just tried it...

Nope :mad:

Well...I did learn something though and I think I have found the problem. I noticed....when I boot up without my 256MB of DDR RAM inserted that the hard drive light still comes on...I'm basically saying I dont notice any different when I boot up with or without RAM. There are no beeping patterns even with the speaker pin plugged in correctly....which is really stumping me.

Any advice anyone? :confused: Also....there is a link above if anyone wants more info on the board, I'm sure it's fine though. Something with the RAM....dont know what though.

If anyone needs more specific info on the RAM I have feel free to ask.

Thanks for far.

Alright....lemme bust out my webcam and take some pictures. Do you want pictures of the motherboard, or what else? Just tell me what you want to see.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom