I'm not sure what the problem is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Switch

Fully Optimized
So i've been putting this off for WAAAY too long.

About 6 months ago when i built my new system, everything was fine and pee-chee. I put some games on it to see how they ran, sweet, everything looks smooth. After a couple of days, my Keyboard would periodically stop working when i log onto windows, unplugging and replugging it in would fix it. My internal card reader on another occasion quit working altogether (goes off of internal USB), and also when I would play games like LFD2, UT3 (especially), or CODMW2, they would be UBER laggy. like 10fps laggy on a i5 and 5770. I'm thinking WTF is happening? over the course of two days, i've had my keyboard and card reader not work, and my games are super slow.

So first things first, i checked the temps. Overheating?

nope. Everything's well within margin.

hmm....

PSU? maybe there's not enough juice to run this thing? So I unplugged my backup HD to re-route power and all my problems went away.

For the last 6 months since I disconnected my backup, i have yet to have the keyboard problems, card reader issues, or game performance glitches.

So i'm just wondering if i'm correct in thinking my PSU isn't beefy enough?

I have an OCZ GameXStream 700W on:

EVGA P55LE
i5 750
1 1.5TB SATA
1 640GB SATA
XFi extrememusic
some LG Blu-ray burner
and the card reader.

I would think that a 700W PSU could handle that.

So I found this:
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply

would that be good enough? Fry's i'm pretty sure is the same price and they're less than an hour away.

I'm running all my setup all on a Corsair 520hx... Unless the PSU is going bad, maybe the backup HDD has problems itself?

I'm running all my setup all on a Corsair 520hx... Unless the PSU is going bad, maybe the backup HDD has problems itself?

but what i don't understand is how the HD would cause problems with my usb ports.

Try updating your chipset drivers. They could be corrupt. That would screw your keyboard and reader and could be slowing up your CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom