First time build... everything compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steinhauers

Beta member
Hello i'm a first time computer build from ground up. I've replaced motherboard, ram, vid, sound and cpu's.

I'm building a computer to hopefully game with best possible power for my current budget which is $600. I have went over some and it's at 675 but i can swing that.

This will be my gaming computer.

Here it is:

XION Solaris XON-403 Black with Green LED Light Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Western Digital Caviar Blue WD3200AAKS 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

ASUS M4A78T-E AM3 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor

XFX HD-477A-YDFC Radeon HD 4770 512MB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ500MXSP 500W ATX12V V2.2 / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC ...

I'm pretty sure everything is going to work together just want to double check before i spend all my money. i know graphics depend on what resolution you are running at. I'm running at 1280x1024..... on a 20" monitor. Hopefully within the next year or so i will have a 24" widescreen

Any suggestions and comments are welcomed.

only suggestion is to downgrade your processor to the 955
also I noticed you are missing an optical drive (dvd/cd drive)

I'm getting my psu and my gpu in a combo for $140 with an added $40 rebate.........

and would the 655 require me to OC. I have never delt with overclocking.

I do like the better gpu but i don't believe it's in my budget.

it would be easy to perform a minor OC on the x4 955, since it is a black edition cpu, its got an unlocked multiplier.

for example:
2wdubf8.png

that might not be exactly how your mobo's bios will look like, but there would be a similar option in your bios.

the one in the pic is OCed, but yours would be running at stock speeds so that number thats boxed in would be x16. all you would need to do is change this number from x16 to x17, and it will run at the same speed as the x4 965. that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom