x700xt vs 6600GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
those benchamarks were pre-retail cards and back then ati's catalyst drivers were much worst off than they are now.. and the only benchmark that the 6800 series "mashes" the x800 series is in doom3

GFX: Saphire ATI Radeon 96000XT 128MB
lol where can I get me a 96000 XT

the 6800 performs better in Farcry I think, and coming from people who own the card, it's smartshader 3.0 really makes a difference in picture quality

who gives a crap which card performs better than the other when they're both getting blitzing fps in about every game

who gives a crap which card performs better than the other when they're both getting blitzing fps in about every game
Finally someone else comes to this realization :D

yeah but i like to have bragging rights amongst my friends and my girlfriend. and i dont think the nvidia 6800 regular has 12, does it? Or does the ultra have 18, gt have12, and the regular have 8?

Nubius said:
Come on now people that's just ridiculous. If you really want to find out which card is better then get a better job, buy both, and see which one runs better in your system. Just like I think it was beedub who said his friends system with theeee 9800PRO? I think it was completely kicked the sh!t out of his system with the X800 Pro and they had damn near identicle systems. Dude with 9800 pro could run ultra settings everything on, AA 2x blah blah perfect framerate while beedub couldn't. I think when it comes out I'm going to look into getting the 6600 but I will look into what ATI has to offer before I just rush to buy it.

I've never bought an ATI card though so I'm a bit nervous about a transition :p I know nothing of ATI and it's drivers and all that stuff sooo I try to keep my opinion of both cards in the middle now instead of just completely praising one over the other.

Great post! I agree, benchmarking can mean little for most cards in the real world.

umm with nvidias sli and a cpl of 6800gts pci-e version.. and with a mobo that has dual pci-e x16 slots ud be set back about i dunno $1500 id say

sivler, you are confusing me...do you WANT ATi or nVIDIA. Like i said ATi will always be better on the benchmarks but both perform the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom