Corsair H50 water cooler review

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wrote this review for non-hardcore over clockers. i think this is an awesome system for the money. and at any rate, its quiter than a Air cooled system.

The Noctua 120mm fans are awesome, even on their highest setting you can't hear them. And they push a very decent amount of air too :thumbsup:

Anyone else feel like the OP's temps should be lower? My overclocked 955 (to 3.6ghz) on the stock cooler idles at 42-44 and only hits 48-50 on load. Prime 95 shoots it up to 56-60, but shouldn't his be much lower? Granted, I am using Artic Silver 5 but I don't think it helped THAT much on stock cooler.

The Noctua 120mm fans are awesome, even on their highest setting you can't hear them. And they push a very decent amount of air too :thumbsup:
only downside is they cost a lot compared to other 120mm fans
Anyone else feel like the OP's temps should be lower? My overclocked 955 (to 3.6ghz) on the stock cooler idles at 42-44 and only hits 48-50 on load. Prime 95 shoots it up to 56-60, but shouldn't his be much lower? Granted, I am using Artic Silver 5 but I don't think it helped THAT much on stock cooler.
different ambient temperature I suppose

to make you feel better a lot of the big high end air can block a ram slot :-D

But you can still use a standard sized ram module in that slot. You'll only get interference issues when you buy memory modules with large heatspreaders. And if your into overclocking you shouldn't be using all the memory slots anyways as you'll be straining the memory controller which will limit your overclock. And if your not into overclocking then you don't need the big heatspreaders so it should be a non-issue.

Overall, if someone buys the H50 and their Happy with it, good for them. But at $80 it's just not worth recommending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom