Cold air intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonAMD

Solid State Member
So i live in Canada and it gets pretty cold here during the winter. So i came up with a cooling box. basically i made out of Styrofoam and expending foam and 3 steel A/c powered fans. I had to take off the front panel of my computer case to get a better seal, and i also added One more metal A/C fan in the front of the computer case to really suck the air in, It works like a dream during the middle of winter i was able to bring my cpu temps down to 0c , -5c under-load.
The only bad thing about it is that it got alil cold at times, but by taking out all other case fans and duck taping all the vents it turned out pretty good.

all grab some pics or video of it, so u can get a better ideal :big_grin:

here some pics :p
keep in mind i paid 0$ for all the material I either had it lying around or for the fans my dad got them from work for free lol
side view cooling box and comp-case.
HPIM0306.jpg

computer case with Front plate off and extra 120V a/c Fan
HPIM0318-2.jpg

HPIM0311.jpg

from inside the box u can see 1 of 3 fans
HPIM0312.jpg

HPIM0313.jpg

here you can see my computer case, i had to make extented shelf so it could reach the cooling box
HPIM0319.jpg

here i add a switch from old lamp to be able to turn on off the case fan without having to unplug it from the wall
HPIM0321.jpg

this part face the outside and i add some plastic strips (left side) tried angle them so that water, snow wont get in, work good surprisingly
HPIM0309.jpg

lol thats right it , I dint do it for looks lol its all about cooler temps :p

I was worried about moisture/Condensation but for what ever reason i have see none collect in the case it self . lil bit of blowing snow during winter storms but i had away of stopping it to reach the inside of the comp- case..

All Will update wen i put in my air Conditioner :p
I`m thinking a dryer whose intake might do the trick :p

Re: Cold air intake 2

Welll I was bored and it was Hot out Today So i decied to build my new cooling system :thumbsup:

All you need Air Condition, Dryer hose or any large flexible hose and 1 fan.
Oh and Duck Tap lol

So i had modifide this A-C last summer by shapping some corigated plastic into a sort of cover, so that i can control were the air go`s. So by simple cutting a hole and inserting the hose and tapping it down, now on the other end hook up to my computer case i again took some corrigated plastic to make a sort of face plate, this is screwed in too the Fan.
all get some core temps logs to show the huge difference ,

it turned out good in my opinion :big_grin:
here the same A/c Fan place in the front of the case
HPIM0321.jpg

HPIM0322.jpg

HPIM0323.jpg

HPIM0324.jpg

Top view.
HPIM0325.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back