Upgrade for ATI 700 pro Video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

lafguy81

In Runtime
I have the 256 mb Ati 700 pro PCi video card. I'm looking for a 512 mb ATI or Nvidia video card that supports win 98 to xp pro any suggestions. I'd like newest card possible

Thanks

Is it a PCI card, or a PCI-Express card? I can only find PCI-Express X700 Pro's.

If it's PCI you're limited on what you can even buy these days. If it's PCI-Express almost all cards are manufactured with this interface, so basically the only thing limiting you is a budget.

I'll be using the ASUS P5N-D motherboard that uses two pci-e 2.0 x16 slots. I have a P4 3.8 775 prescott cpu. In a lian li pc 65B 4 bay tower. If I get a newer card will windows 3.11 98 function properly if you can't locate drivers for 3.11 98?

I'll be using the ASUS P5N-D motherboard that uses two pci-e 2.0 x16 slots. I have a P4 3.8 775 prescott cpu. In a lian li pc 65B 4 bay tower. If I get a newer card will windows 3.11 98 function properly if you can't locate drivers for 3.11 98?

They'll function just the same, but you won't have any hardware acceleration, and the resolution will probably be as low as it can go.

Not many cards available even support 98, none the less, 3.11. What exactly are you wanting to use the OS's for? It would seem they're quite obsolete.

His current components are all quite old, so it just seems like he doesn't feel like upgrading.

I recommend you do upgrade though dude. You pretty much need a complete system overhaul.

Why get a new machine when all parts still work. I'm just changing case and putting in a MB that supports Sata II HD's not Sata 1. It is old and everything but, its a darn solid rig. I'll stick with the rest for now. I'll add another video card later. I'm more curious to see how EZSwap trayless mobile racks do if computer will read hard drives properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom