xp sp2 upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

smasmas

Solid State Member
windows gave me upgrade xp hotfix-kb834707 today ...after re-boot my pc keeps restarting after about 3 seconds on the welcome screen..after about 5 restarts i started up in last known good configuration and deleted the upgrade....any ideas...pc is free of viruses adware and spyware....help

hotfix-kb834707 - a prime reason why you should always read the details of an update before using it.

This issue was removed from MS due to problems it was causing with several Windows components. Later (like...now) it has been brought back, but with plenty of cautionary.

smasmas said:
windows gave me upgrade xp hotfix-kb834707 today ...after re-boot my pc keeps restarting after about 3 seconds on the welcome screen..after about 5 restarts i started up in last known good configuration and deleted the upgrade....any ideas...pc is free of viruses adware and spyware....help

how did they give you this hotfix-kb834707 ?

you might have a virus

right i did have a virus...got the update again pc restarted...guess what no internet connection...cant even go to control pannel to remove the update..most of windows wont work..click something and thedesktop goes blank for a second...only way i deleted it was through programme access and defaults....should i realy be bothering with this update?????thanks in advance for any help

oh and another thing..windows has been trying for months to give me service pack 2 i already have it????? it says failed everytime????????? i dunno????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom