Spilled on Palm Device - Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klope3

Baseband Member
Just this evening my Palm device (z22 model) was charging in a wall outlet and some liquid (I believe it was chicken broth) happened to spill on the corner of its touchscreen.

I found this out some time later, and found that it still turns on, but will not respond to any touch whatsoever. As I said, the liquid spilled on the corner of the screen (bottom-right, to be specific), and it was a pretty small amount, not covering any more than 15% of the screen.

I've Googled for some help, and found that the rice method has helped many people in similar situations. Just in case (since it couldn't hurt), my Palm is sitting in some rice overnight, to absorb moisture.Does anyone have any suggestions in the meantime?

At this point i don't have any advice. You're already doing the next step. The only thing that could have been done differently would have been to remove the batter immediately and allow everything to dry.

I spilled an entire glass of chocolate milk on my laptop - i'm talking around 4 to 5 measuring cups worth when it was on. I pulled the battery immediately. I had to then tend to my carpet because the laptop is only worth a few hundred dollars at most while new carpet costs a lot more. After about 45 minutes of cleaning the carpet i tended to the laptop which at that point had the chocolate milk gone all of the way through. I would stand the laptop upside down, sideways, and normal and milk would spill out.

After about 2 days of drying and some cleanup work it still works:)

I killed my old PII laptop with Pepsi. I tried drying it out, but it was dead. It was an old piece of crap that I picked from the garbage one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom